Bugs Source Code Mailing List
FAQVarious functions of the MSIE Y! Companion haven't yet been written and some may be buggy. Please have a look at the FAQ to find a solution for your problem.
- Functions like 'Add bookmark' or 'Refresh Toolbar' do not work
- Icons are missing
- Browser crashes upon start
- Bookmarks aren't properly displayed
- Selecting some buttons crashes Browser
- Uninstall does not work
- Download of Yahoo! Toolbar (Mozilla) fails
- YCM is not displayed
- After signing in Yahoo! says "page not found"
- How can I make my own YCM package?
- How do I upload my YCM package?
- After installing 0.5.3, my toolbar doesn't refresh.
- After installing 0.5.3, my alert bell doesn't disappear when I read my email.
- How do I completely remove an existing version of Yahoo Toolbar?
- After installing 0.5.4, how do i make the search box bigger (smaller)?
There is a known limitation regarding non-English and non-German versions of the Yahoo! feed. We are looking into that problem (Bug 5174), please send us the exact phrase of the function in your language.
2. Icons are missing
Some icons may still be missing, please send us your raw toolbar feed along with the icons name and language. You find the raw toolbar feed in your browser's profile folder in the subfolder 'yahootoolbar_saves'.
5. Selecting some buttons crashes Browser
Try unselecting buttons or bookmarks.
6. Uninstall does not work
The function hasn't yet been properly implemented - in the meanwhile just delete yahootoolbar.jar in the chrome folder.
8. Download of Yahoo! Toolbar (Mozilla) fails
Please just try again later - this is most likely just a server error. If the problem persists please report.
9. YCM is not displayed
When the installation works fine, YCM is in extensions but not displayed in your browser, try the following: Make a clean reinstall of your browser, i.e. move your profile folder (e.g. to the desktop), uninstall the browser and reinstall it again. If you then install YCM it should be properly displayed.
11. How can I make my own YCM package?
If you're trying to make an installer for your changes to the Mozilla plugin, please do the following: Download the xpi, rename it to zip and extract its content. Then rename yahootoolbar.jar to yahootoolbar.zip and extract its content, too. Then you have the most recent source code. Make changes to the code and then zip the content folder including subfolders again to yahootoolbar.zip, rename it to yahootoolbar.jar. Then zip yahootoolbar.jar and the installer script to *something*.zip and rename it to *something*.xpi. That's all. Please share your changes by posting them to the list.
12. How do I upload my YCM package?
At best send your package to the mailing list. The main developpers will review changes and upload your package.
13. After installing 0.5.3, my toolbar doesn't refresh.
With Firefox closed, go the the application chrome directory and delete 'yahootoolbar.jar', 'chrome.rdf' and the 'overlayinfo' directory tree. Then edit 'installed-chrome.txt' to remove all references to yahootoolbar. That should completely remove the old version.
14. After installing 0.5.4, how do i make the search box bigger (smaller)? Go to "Change Toolbar Layout" on the setting menu (the pencil), and change the Search box width there.